To the three bloggers who nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award, Thank You Very Much for adding 3 more versatile awards this year. It’s very tiring if I make each one of you a separate “thank you” post. I think one post could do justice for a “Thank You” coming from the bottom of my heart. Do you agree with me? Here are the three musketeers who made their “intelligent” (… 🙂 ) choice for my nomination…
Bloggers, Friends, Ladies & Gentlemen, the opportunity is mine in inviting you to visit their Blogs. I know you’ll be entertained in taking time reading their posts which contain enjoyable, entertaining, and educational posts at the same time you will enjoy looking at their beautiful and handsome Avatar photos.
Here are the rules and the 7 things you have to know about myself
1) I began writing poems in High School and my classmates were fascinated by those poems that one of them also wrote some poems and presented them to me during free time. I remember only the title of his piece, “The Cauldron of Love”. It was beautifully written about his love for a girl who became his wife. I’ve lost touch of their whereabouts because after graduation from HS they shared an apartment in the city and we lost contact from then on.
2) I also love composing songs. High School time was my field for it but it was in the boarding house that compositions of mine were heard. I wrote the lyrics and memorized the tune with the help of a borrowed guitar. Once a song was mastered, I’d sIng it for my board mates which they liked very much.
3) I was in the top ten roll of honors in HS. Being one of the top students, it was not a sure path for glory. I stumbled at the very last year of high school. I was lured into drugs, cough syrups and capsules, and maryjane (marijuana). It was curiosity that led me into it. Friends with the same vices were my constant companions. Schooling in the day, drunk in the evening. And that was my passport to jail. Overnight, we were jailed for vagrancy. That was an eye opener for me about the situation of prisoners in jails. We were disheartened by what we saw.They slept on boxes spread like mats on the jail floor, eat their meals in styro foam boxes, drink their coffee and water in automotive oil plastic containers and the most disgusting of all, discharged their waste on worm infested toilet bowl. Before we were freed from our cell at noon time, we promised our prisoner mates that we will deliver some foods for them. And true to our words, we brought some bread, cakes, coffee, cigarettes and candies to the prisoners a day after we were discharged from our prison cells. Although it was our day of misfortune, they were very thankful that we were jailed there for it brought them some time of abundance in terms of food. Our bad day, their gain.
4) I was chosen as my class’ representative for the current events question and answer contest in HS. I was nervous on stage to be in front of the whole High School department for such a contest. I was hoping it will not push through. And secretly, I was overjoyed for my hope became a reality. An announcement came blaring in our ears, “We are very sorry, the Current Events Question and Answer Contest will not happen this morning because the questions are not prepared on time.” Wheew, what a relief!
5) My first interview for a job. Queues of interviewees are slowly passing by my side. My chance of being hired by a big drug retailing company was coming to me in turtle pace. When my turn came, I passed it easily with flying colors. I was hired. After several years, I was promoted to the next level and that was my first chance of writing a documentary about travel. Without knowing the rules and limitations of our company’s magazine, I submitted a ten page article, close to a thousand words. After a three-months wait, I was not delighted nor satisfied with the outcome of the article when it was published. Out of the ten page article, only three pages were used and published. I called up the magazine’s editor publisher and I was informed that the limit was just a mere 150 words. Then and there I thought, I was at fault. I did not bother to know the rules. Anyway, it was my first time and everybody deserved whatever the outcome of their first chance.
6) I felt the lowest ebb of my life when I received a call from my brother about the death of my father in the province. With a voice so low to be heard due to his crying, my brother sobbed at the phone and told me to come home for the burial. I filed my leave, packed my things and booked for a flight back home and the rest was sadness focused on our final destination which is Death.
7) Death in a different time and in a similar place. My father died in a hospital and now, my wife. Both died in their hospital bed several years apart. I witnessed her last grasp of air. I was at her bedside. Friends came for their last glimpse to see her in a hospital bed for she would be in a wooden coffin later. Cremation claimed her last human state and later on became solid in powder form. Her ashes were stored in a brass urn and placed in a columbary.
8) I was elected as president of the youth organization in our place for a year. During my term, we were able to buy things needed by our citizens for disasters and calamities. So, that was me witnessing a carefree world of the youth, my first taste of being a drug user, my first experience in jail, my first excitement as an employee, my first time to receive a news about death and first experience to witness death of a dying love one, my first time to read my article in a magazine, and my first time to lead a youth organization.
THE RULES FOR THE NOMINEES:
1.Show the award on your Blog
2.Tell something about yourself stating a) your country of origin b) Likes & Dislikes c)School where you studied
3. Thank and acknowledge the person who nominated you.
4. Share some facts of life leading to your blogging or what made you blog?
5. In your opinion, is blogging worth your time spent? Explain or expand your answer. 6. Nominate 15 persons 7. Link your nominees and let them know.
I received 3 nominations for The Versatile Awards so, each nomination will have 15 of my own nominees..a total of 45 nominees… 1) moxie luster – 15 nominees 2) SAN – 15 nominees 3) Capariño – 15 nominees
PLS. WATCH OUT FOR MY NOMINEES STARTING ON TUESDAY…I DON’T HAVE MUCH TIME TONIGHT..! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!